4D Molecular Therapeutics (4DMT), located in Emeryville is a global leader in gene therapy product research and development using scientific innovation to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic diseases. At 4DMT, our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus (AAV) variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions. 4DMT is currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join its accounting team. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and will be assisting with day-to-day general ledger accounting, quarterly close, and the annual audit.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participate in the quarterly closes, including preparing the journal entries and account reconciliations for various balance sheet account, including cash, prepaid, fixed assets and accruals
- Work with our 3rd party vendor, Trinet, to process payroll on a semi-monthly basis
- Assist with the external audit by providing requested schedules and documentation, responding to inquiries, and participating in status meetings
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Identify and implement process improvements, systems integrations, etc. for greater accuracy, financial control, and efficiency
- Participate in the implementation of a new purchase requisition system
- 4+ years of relevant experience required
- BS or BA in Accounting or related field
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel and Word skills
- Strong working knowledge of system processes, internal controls, and GAAP regulations
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with an ability to multi-task
- CPA preferred
- Experience with Intacct preferred
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Prior experience in biotech preferred
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
4D Molecular Therapeutics offers competitive benefit and compensation plans as well as an entrepreneurial, collaborative and collegial work environment.