This position will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the accounting department to include the following functions: general accounting, accounts receivable, payroll and fixed assets. This position will be responsible for preparing the monthly financial statements and coordinating the annual audits performed by external auditors. In addition, this position assists with state and federal tax compliance, cash management and other duties as assigned or required.
Specific Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Complete month-end financial close and prepare reporting packages in a timely manner.
- Meet with functional heads monthly to ensure all significant transactions are accounted for.
- Prepare and/or review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis in accordance with US GAAP.
- Analyze financial transactions for appropriate accounting and disclosure under GAAP.
- Develop, document and implement accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with establishment of internal controls to enable SOX readiness.
- Plan and design business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support scalability in company’s business systems and activities.
- Assist with audit, including gathering PBCs, participating in or leading status meetings and answering questions.
- Work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment – comfortable in both individual contributing roles and cross-functional team management roles, depending on what is required by the business at the time.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation.
- Effectively interact and build productive relationships with employees, external vendors and senior level management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum 8 years experience of general accounting, financial statement preparation, stock compensation accounting; combination of experience within public accounting and industry preferred
- Solid understanding of ERP systems including the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems.
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley / internal control frameworks
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Analytical mindset with superior attention to detail
- Strong team work, collaboration, flexibility and pro-activeness
- “Roll-up the sleeves” approach in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Commitment to excellence and impeccable ethical standards and integrity
- Advanced Excel skills, familiarity with Word
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.