4D Molecular Therapeutics, located in Emeryville, CA is a global leader in gene therapy product research & development using scientific innovation to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic diseases. At 4D Molecular Therapeutics, our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions. 4D is in need of a talented and motivated Scientist to join our team in supporting our viral drug therapy research efforts as we contribute to the future of gene therapeutics.
- Demonstrating innovative design, development, and execution of research projects through literature review, expertise, and scientific teamwork.
- Development of complex in vitro cell culture systems.
- Creation and characterization of disease model systems to determine efficacy of therapeutic vectors.
- Assay development and testing for infectivity and potency of viral lots.
- Performing hands-on laboratory research to move several scientific projects forward.
- Contributing to the design, optimization, verification, and execution of current and new assays.
- Writing study reports and manuscripts and presenting results at appropriate scientific meetings.
- Maintaining compliance to company Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Effectively mentoring junior level staff and acting as a resource for providing scientific expertise.
- Contributing to building a culture that embraces continuous learning, improvement and innovation and encourages team members to expand their technical skill base and deepen their gene therapy expertise.
- Actively applies new concepts and technologies into the department and company.
- Leveraging a strong understanding of gene therapy principles to design, assess and interpret experimental data, then using the resulting information to inform selection of the optimal vector.
- Ph.D. degree and at least two years of post-doctoral experience in one of the following disciplines: Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Virology, or a related field.
- A strong stem cell biology or organotypic cell culture background (central nervous system knowledge preferred).
- Solid proficiency in cell culture techniques, molecular biology, and immunocytochemistry/immunohistochemistry and flow cytometry procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and support more than one project simultaneously.
- Knowledge and working experience in viral gene therapy vector and/or product pre-clinical research and development (adeno associated viral vectors preferred).
- Successful demonstrated ability to work independently in designing, developing, and executing new assay methods.
- Successful demonstrated ability to rigorously analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team-based environment; supportive of multiple viewpoints and approaches.
- Understanding and knowledge of key scientific software programs (including Microsoft Office, JMP or Prism, and Adobe Photoshop).
- Strong organizational skills, analytical skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) with demonstrated ability to present ideas, information and data effectively via one on one discussions, team meetings, and external partnership interactions.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com