4D Molecular Therapeutics, located in Emeryville, CA is a global leader in gene therapy product research & development using scientific innovation to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic diseases. At 4D Molecular Therapeutics, our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions. 4D is in need of a talented and motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our team in supporting our viral drug therapy research efforts as we contribute to the future of gene therapeutics.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conducting independent laboratory experiments following defined laboratory technical procedures
- Performing basic molecular biology techniques including nucleic acid purification, PCR, plasmid construction, and DNA sequence analysis
- Performing mammalian cell culture techniques including passaging and cryopreservation of cells, plasmid transfections, and viral transductions.
- Performing protein expression and activity assays such as SDS-PAGE, immunoblotting, cell-based assays, reporter gene assays, and ELISA.
- Maintaining accurate and well-organized laboratory records, worksheets and notebooks
- Maintaining current training requirements
- Maintaining compliance to company Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures, and practices
- B.S. or M.S. degree in one of the following disciplines: Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, or a related field
- 0+ years prior experience in biological laboratory experimentation; prior experience working with viral gene delivery vectors (particularly adeno-associated virus) is advantageous but not required.
- Proficiency in molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques such as molecular cloning, PCR, mammalian cell culture, protein analytics, plasmid transfection, ELISA, and cell-based assays.
- Ability to conduct research with strong attention to detail
- Highly organized and motivated; strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and cooperative can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative team-oriented setting
- Ability to multi-task and support more than one project simultaneously
- Understanding and knowledge of key scientific software programs (including Microsoft Office and Geneious)
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org