4D Molecular Therapeutics, located in Emeryville, CA is a global leader in gene therapy product research & development using scientific innovation to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic diseases. At 4D Molecular Therapeutics, our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions.
The 4D team is in need of a talented and passionate Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to assist in the development of human in vitro models to characterize and study novel Adeno Associated Virus (AAV) variants to support our goal to offer transformative gene therapeutic products to patients in need.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting independent scientific experiments following defined laboratory technical procedures
- Culturing and differentiating human pluripotent stem cells
- Cellular reprogramming
- Performing immunocytochemistry
- Performing tissue histological procedures involving specimen processing, embedding, sectioning, and staining
- Using fluorescent microscopy for cellular and tissue imaging and analysis
- Using basic molecular biology techniques, DNA and RNA purification, PCR, qPCR, gene cloning, and western blotting
- Contributing to establishing human in vitro disease models
- Maintaining accurate and well-organized laboratory records, worksheets and notebooks
- Maintaining current training requirements
- Maintaining compliance to company Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures, and practices
- B.S. or M.S. degree in biology, bioengineering, or a related field
- 3+ years prior experience in biological laboratory experimentation
- Prior experience working with human pluripotent stem cells
- Ability to conduct research with strong attention to detail
- Highly organized and motivated, ability to work independently in a collaborative team-oriented setting, and have strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Photoshop
Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.