4D Molecular Therapeutics (4DMT), located in Emeryville, CA, is a global leader in gene therapy product research and development using scientific innovation to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic diseases. At 4DMT, our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus (AAV) variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions.
4D is seeking an individual interested in pursuing a career in Facilities Management within the Biotech industry. The Facilities Associate will report directly to the Facilities and EH&S Lead and work closely with scientists and administrative staff.
- Work closely with 4DMT Facilities Lead to provide support for a variety of office and lab needs.
- Positively interact with employees, identifying maintenance projects in lab environment and office environments.
- Organize lab and office maintenance projects, coordinating with outside vendors to ensure maintenance is completed in a timely and efficient manner. Shipping and receiving of all types of packages.
- Perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to small scale facilities projects such as furniture assembly, plumbing (such as setting up tubing in the labs), general maintenance, wall hangings and shelving.
Other supportive tasks may include:
- Coordinate logistics related to scheduling of maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Provide general support with minor environmental, health, and safety compliance in the lab.
- Work in conjunction with hazardous and biohazardous waste company to remove waste from labs.
- As necessary, support facility operations during off-hours in the event of equipment moves, emergency errands, maintenance and/or utilities disruption.
- Support the logistics of office moves and desk set-ups for new and current employees.
- Minor cleaning and janitorial duties may be required.
- High School diploma, GED equivalent, or higher.
- Experience in the life sciences/pharmaceutical industry highly preferred.
- 1-2 years’ lab manufacturing technician and/or maintenance/facilities experience required.
- Familiarity with and ability to safely operate a variety of hand and electric equipment/tools.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow through on projects in a timely manner.
- Proficient in relevant software: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, with MS Project a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally engage with a variety of teams and individuals across the organization in a customer-service oriented manner, but also work independently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com