4D Molecular Therapeutics, located in Emeryville, CA is a global leader in gene therapy product research & development using scientific innovation to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic diseases. At 4D Molecular Therapeutics, our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions. 4D is in need of a talented and motivated HR Partner to join our team in supporting our viral drug therapy research efforts and growing business as we contribute to the future of gene therapeutics.
In this new and important role, you have a chance to make your mark! Your business acumen, familiarity with HR best practices and comfort with ambiguity and a fast pace will help us take the 4DMT employee experience to the next level. You will have the chance to partner with our highly accomplished Sr. VP of HR and various functional leaders to design and drive HR processes and initiatives that support business strategies while sustaining the desired organizational culture. You will also provide your informed perspective on organizational strengths and areas of improvement to design and develop processes and programs aimed at building organizational capability.
4DMT is at the most exciting time in its growth and you can be a part of helping us progress towards commercialization. 4DMT closed a $90 million Series B Financing last September with top tier investors, and our highly accomplished leadership team brings you >75 years combined experience.
The Associate Director, HR is responsible for partnering with employees and managers to provide support for 4D’s people strategies. This individual will also run or participate in projects that impact all employees. As an HR professional, you will consult and partner with; advise, coach, negotiate, influence, innovate and challenge leaders, managers and individual contributors on people-related issues; work in partnership with functional leaders to design, develop and drive HR initiatives that meet strategies and scientific goals, improve the effectiveness of the organization in partnership with the management team; and provide recommendations and outcomes that will enhance management capability and organizational performance.
- Provide ongoing HR Business Partner support to drive the implementation of all HR aspects of 4DMT’s growing organization
- Collaborate with line leadership and recruiters to implement and sustain a recruiting strategy and process for growing the organization
- Implement the array of 4D HR Processes with clients, balancing their specific needs with the efficiency and scale necessary
- Coach and consult line managers in all issues regarding HR and people management
- Provide advice and counsel to managers regarding HR practices, policy, and employment law
- Provide support to employees including assistance with confidential issues
- Design, develop, improve, support and monitor organization-wide processes and programs aimed at building organizational capability in consultation and collaboration with HR SVP and Executive Team
- Work closely with the HR Team and other key internal and external partners to run innovative and efficient processes and drive initiatives
- Stay current on trends in the Human Resources field to ensure solutions are progressive and relevant
- Perform other duties as necessary as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 8+ years of HR experience, with 5 in a specific area of expertise, e.g., Talent/Organization Development or Total Rewards
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Experience in a start-up environment within the Life Sciences industry preferred
- Sound business acumen
- Proven ability to work with diverse organizational and social cultures
- Strong facilitation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively and build strong relationships
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and successfully manage multiple projects while meeting time-sensitive and demanding deliverables
- Proven ability to work in high pressure, highly visible situations
- Experience leading direct reports and project teams
- Solid understanding of Human Resources principles, policies and practices
- Understanding of Federal, California, other state and local legal considerations related to Human Resources administration.
- Ability to learn new functions and concepts quickly; self-starter
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work and communicate with employees at many levels across diverse cultures
- Excellent judgment in handling confidential, sensitive information
- Excellent overall communication, writing and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
- Experience with HRIS, Microsoft Suite tools (including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Excel), Applicant Tracking Systems and talent management/ performance management application
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.