4D Molecular Therapeutics, located in Emeryville, CA is a global leader in gene therapy product research & development using scientific innovation to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic diseases. At 4D Molecular Therapeutics, our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions.
As our Assistant Controller, your passion for 4DMT’s mission and the ability to operate as an effective strategic, as well as tactical, thinker will prove important to your success. You will manage and oversee general accounting functions. You will be responsible for leading the accounting department (under the direction of the Controller) with an emphasis on closing the financial books, financial reporting and maintaining effective internal controls. This position performs a variety of routine and complex professional and technical accounting and finance functions in maintaining the fiscal records, tools, systems and processes of the company. As a hands-on professional, you will provide accounting and leadership to the accounting team, support the Controller, and will perform special accounting projects as required.
- Under the direction of the Controller, responsible for leading the accounting department with emphasis on maintaining effective internal controls and documenting policies and procedures.
- Oversees General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Equity Administration and T&E Expense Reporting.
- Helps lead the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close, reporting and audits and ensures that they are conducted in a timely manner. Serves as lead liaison with external audit firms. Reviews journal entries, accruals, analysis and reconciliations, as necessary.
- Reviews and approves monthly, quarterly and annual reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Leads the SOX process in collaboration with third party firm. Completes impact analysis for any control deficiencies as part of SAB99/108 quarterly requirements.
- Administers and maintains the Company’s accounting policies and procedures in accordance with all accounting rules and regulations and ensures adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Researches, determines and documents the accounting implications of transactions or changes in business and provides accounting and business expertise to project teams.
- Assesses the financial implications of new accounting pronouncements on the Company’s operations and issues assessment of implications to management and auditors.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Accounting team as well as direction in cross-functional initiatives.
- Responsible for financial risk management which includes insurance policies, banking relationships, and credit card programs.
- Partner with FP&A to provide consultative support in the production of annual budget and forecasts.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies and improve processes.
- Participate on projects as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum B.S. degree in Accounting or related field, CPA license required.
- Minimum of eight years of relevant accounting experience, including time at a public accounting firm and publicly traded company.
- Experience in biotech required.
- Proven ability to research and resolve technical accounting issues and SEC reporting matters.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, including time and project management skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a SOX oversight role preferred.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com